Sunday, September 28, 2008

September 2008

We had a fun visit from Mom and Dad. They came after Alysia's farewell. The kids had loads of fun reading books and playing around with them. Emma and Camille loved the dolls Grandma gave them. Erick continually plays with the Halloween toys and Ben and I are still working on the Star Wars Lego toy.

Jill baked bread, cookies, roast beef and lots of goodies while they were here. Her bread was Dad's favorite ... we could tell he was in heaven with Jill's bread.

Dad and I went golfing. The weather was perfect. We got on the links around 8:30am and enjoyed the most perfect North Texas fall weather. Dad, as usual, did great. We hammered the par 3's. Dad had par on a few other holes. I just tried to keep up. Dad gave me some timely advice as well as another golfer who was behind us. Honestly, it was the most fun I've ever had golfing. I will never forget that day of golf with Dad.

One evening, we got a babysitter and Mom and Dad took us to Outback. The last time they were here, we ate there. Dad loved the Victoria steak so much, he wanted to go back! So we had a wonderful visit without the kids.

Mom was the hit with the kids. She read lots of books with them. Erick and Camille got to spend lots of time with Mom.

We tried to get some pictures while they were here. We got a few. I've also added some other pictures that I've taken of the kids recently.

Thanks again, Mom and Dad, for the wonderful visit.

4 comments:

Jack and Charlene said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful photos ... you made us home sick for the great week we shared all over again !!
We had such a memorable time and were treated like Royality with lots of added love. Special Hugs!

Sandie said...

So very glad you all had such a great visit. What a great memory for you Don, golfing with your dad. I wish I had that. Where did the red wagon come from? Love Cami's poka dot dress!! Jack and Char look great!!

Unknown said...

You've got quiet the athletes there. I loved all the pics.
I want some of Jill's bread!

Ben N Nessa said...

Love all of the pictures!!!! :) I can't believe how big your kids are....I remember Jill being pregnant with Emma up at Redfish!