Ben is my 6:45 alarm clock. Every morning, I can count on him coming in right at that time! This morning he came in and said "Mom, I had the coolest dream." "It started off scary because guess what? I was in a big ship in the ocean and guess what? the ship sunk but then the dream got really cool because guess what? (big breath), I called out to a dolphin and I rode him all the way to shore and I was safe." Cool dream. I love the stories he has to tell me every morning. I am always very groggy and saying "(yawn), that is great Ben, really cool."
As soon as the kids get off to school each morning, Erick looks at me with a big smile and says "ok mom, time to play the wii." I try to put him off for as long as I can and he continues to ask me like a broken record. So, after several minutes, he came and brought the wii sports disc and asked me to put it in so he could box. He is major into boxing and wants us to buy him boxing gloves so bad. Anyway, I told him to put the disc away and that we had to read books and do morning chores before we could box on the wii. So, he waited a minute but then brought it again and said "mom, the disc is so cold, it needs to go into the wii so it can be warm!" What a smart kid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
I really need to get a wii. They seem like so much fun, and I'm sure my kids would love it too. As much as I am opposed to video games, it is hard to argue with one that actually encourages exercise. How neat that Ben is such a morning person and also that he remembers his fabulous dreams. You should get him to start a dream journal- or even just draw the pictures. I love the imaginations of free spirited kids!! Oh, and I have a set of sparring gloves (from karate not boxing, but close enough) I think around here somewhere and a padded thing you can hold and they can puch if you want to borrow them.
Those little minds never stop working!
I have had that dream before!
I want a wii so bad! If I lived close, I would let Erick borrow my boxing gloves. Boxing is pretty fun!
All Georgia and Macie talk about is getting a wii. They get out their money regularlly and count it and let us know that they are saving up for one. I think we'll need to help them out soon!
Haha! They crack me up!
girlfriend--you tell ME when you come to Austin! I don't have any plans to head north in the next few months...maybe we could meet in the middle one day for pictures....Waco is a nice little town.
Ben is much like Kaela, she does exactly the same thing to me! Erick is one smart cookie :)
Post a Comment