Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Is it a Trend?

As stated in other posts, I work at the gym. I work in member activities and do birthday parties and teach classes and so on. I usually only work once a week, if that for a couple of hours. It is a great job for me as I get a free membership and other perks! I started teaching a class last week called "Toddler Tornadoes". My two little tornadoes can attend the class too and it is really fun with lots of activities and jumping and bouncing around.


So, last week for class, my boss suggested we do a coloring craft. She handed me a box of 800 crayons, yes, 800 crayons that were neatly sorted into colors. Clearly, she has no children of her own. When my boss left the room, I promptly put the 800 crayons where the kids could not reach them. Later, after class Erick and Cami were "helping me" clean up all the equiptment. I reached for the crayons and tripped over my little tornado toddler and out spilled all 800 crayons onto the floor. They did not fall in their little organized groups of 100, I can assure you of that. I quickly checked Erick and Camille into the child center and spent about 30 minutes on my hands and knees sorting crayons back into the box.


Today, exactly 1 week later I had another little mis-hap. This did not happen at the tornado class, but here at home. I make homemade wheat bread every week and my least favorite part is grinding the wheat. I grind the wheat outside as it tends to get very messy. It is not fun to stand out there for an hour sweating and getting wheat dust all over you. Our weather this week has been GORGEOUS thanks to Ike so I thought today would be a perfect day to grind wheat in the cool morning air while the kids and dog frolic outside.


I went to retrieve the bucket of wheat and found it empty. So, I went to Camille's closet where we keep the wheat and hefted a 50 lb. bag and headed toward the kitchen where I noticed a few kernels were spilling out the bottom. I thought if I hurried and got it outside and into the bucket I'd be ok. WRONG, 50 pounds of wheat all over the cement later and this is what we had instead of frolicking in the grass.






Needless to say, this added sort of a suprise element to our day and made for an interesting morning trying to get everything ready to go for the tornado class. Oh, but guess who was in heaven?

This guy. . .



Fritz loves wheat. He LOVES my wheat bread. When I make it, he stands at the ready. He likes most food and is pretty much a beggar whenever we eat, but with my wheat bread, he goes crazy, seriously! So, when the wheat all fell, he enjoyed cleaning up by eating the kernels. I guess I can sleep better at night knowing that my dog is getting whole grains.

A few other things, I know this is getting very long. Don and I started watching all the downloaded seasons of the show 24 in July. It was a mistake because it sucks you up and you can't stop, it is an addiction! So, I would stay up until midnight or 1 am for several nights in a row watching until I would just crash and have to sleep for a few days. I am happy to say that I have finished all 6 seasons of 24 and now when 7 comes out in January, we will be ready. Go Jack Bauer! It has been nice going to bed at a normal hour this week.

Emma is now going by Rose. It is her middle name if you didn't know. There are three Emma's in her class and so they started calling her Rose. Now, whenever we go anywhere or meet someone new she introduces herself as Rose. She asked me if it was ok and I told her of course. I think it is beautiful, just a little strange to hear her called something different than what I'm used to. Emma Rose started Girl Scouts, so if you need any cookies, you know who to call. She and Ben have also started swim team at the gym. It is once a week and has only one swim meet at the end of the 2 month season. We can re-sign up every 2 months. It is great and they are loving it! I am especially proud of Ben as he was the last one (slowest) but still kept going and had a good attitude about it.

I think that is all for now. I will keep you updated on my weekly Wednesday mis-haps or, hopefully not.

9 comments:

Toni Dee! said...

That is one stinkin' cute picture of Fritz! Glad I'm not the only one with regular catastrophe's . . . at least you have a good attitude about it!

Sandie said...

Sorry about the mess - both of them. Cute pictures of the kids though. Rose? I don't know - Can we still call her Emma? I'm sure I would be last too in a swim meet. Way to go Ben!

The Martone Memories said...

Mess=really funny unless it's at my house.
I SO WANT SOME OF THOSE COOKIES! Let me know when ending date is to order.

Jack and Charlene said...

Thanks for our smiles today. I can remember so many of those kind of days. You handle them much better than I did. The pictures were wonderful. Can't wait to give you Hugs in person.

Robyn said...

Oh man, you sound like me! I need to get that wheat bread recipe from you...

Ben N Nessa said...

Love all of your stories :) Tell Rose hello from her cousins! I think it's adorable! a

Bob said...

Fritz must be a true Putnam if he loves wheat bread. Thanks for your great stories, Jill!

Kimber said...

Those are funny stories, Jill. The wheat mess would have been heaven for my kids to play in. Erika has been sitting on my lap as I've been looking at your blog and she said she wants to play in that with those kids. Thanks for sharing.

Mindy said...

What fun! It looks as if wheat would make a nice foot massage and what a perfect toy for the day. Good to know we now have a Rose in the family!