

Little Erick was so excited to have his own backpack and his orange folder in it (orange is his favorite color!). 6 of my friends are doing a preschool co-op with our children this year. We will take turns teaching each week. It was really fun yesterday and I think it will be a good group of kids. Next year Erick will go to a "real" preschool. Honestly, it all goes so fast from here on out. These two years of pre k will flash by and before I know it I will be sending my little Erick off to Kindergarten! Don and I realized that in 4 short years, all of our children will be in school and life at home will be very different! I am trying to enjoy each moment as they come. It has been fun to be with Erick and Millie this last week as the two oldest are at school!
I wanted to pass on a conversation that I had the other day with this little guy:

I was sitting in my room having a quiet moment and in comes Ben and he says:
Ben: "Mom, what is the North Pole like?"
Me: "Well, I have never been there, but I am sure it is white!"
Ben: "Are the houses white?" but before I could answer he said, "hey, maybe I can go on my mission there!"
Me: "Well, Ben, if that is where Heavenly Father wants you to go then yes, you will go to the North Pole."
Ben: "Wow, I hope I can go there, I just really want to meet Santa Clause!"
He then proceeded to tell me his plans to stay up all night this Christmas so he can meet Santa. I told him tho that if he stayed up, Santa would not leave presents for him and he quickly changed his mind!
A few days later we were all sitting at the dinner table (Don was not there, he was working the night shift.) Out of the blue, Emma asked me if I was nervous when I got married. I told her that no, I was not nervous, I was happy and knew that I was doing the right thing. Then Ben asked "well mom, how do you find a wife and how do you know that you want to marry her?" Wow, these were deep questions!
I told Ben that when he is much older, he will think a girl is cute and want to take her on a date much like Dad takes me on dates each month. From there, he will get to know her better and see if he thinks she would be a good wife and a good mother. Then, if Dad and I said it was ok, he could get married to her!
Ben never ceases to amaze me with his questions.
This morning, Erick told me he did not want to go anywhere today, he just wants to stay home and be a little pirate all day. He had his cowboy boots on and his pirate hat and sword. We got a good laugh out of that one.
I wanted to share the power our two year old Camille has over the family.

We had family home afternoon on Monday (Don had to work night shift so we could not have the normal family home evening). Each child has a different job for family nights (or afternoons)and they like to stand on the fireplace mantle to read the scripture or conduct the music or what have you. Well, Camille gets up there and would not let anyone else up to do their job, I wish I had recorded it, she screamed and pointed and told everyone exactly where they could and could not go. She directed the family like a cop directs traffic. It was hilarious, you just had to laugh! It is amazing how much control our two year old has over each of us! No one said family home evening has to be perfect right?
Finally, we have Emma who has the newly and coveted decorated room. The kids try to break in and spend a few minutes in her room and she added a nice little sign to her doorway. I thought it was so funny!

It says "closed" altho in her haste to get the "customers" out of her room she left out the "e" and spelled "closd" instead!
Kids are great arent't they?


10 comments:
Great stories, Jill! Your children will love them even more as they grow up and remember their childhood questions and sayings.
I loved the North Pole story! It reminded me after my brother's wedding last summer, we were all talking about where they were going on their honeymoon. Wesley told me that he wanted to go to the North Pole so that he and his wife could meet Santa Claus! I hope he can find a girl that wants to go to the North Pole on her honeymoon. I can just see Camille screaming and directing the whole family! Fun stories!
Wendy
You guys have fun kids. Liz used to boss me around all of the time. Maybe it is a little sister thing. Great post!
Thank you sooooo much .. you had us laughing and wiping tears at the same time. We are counting down the days to see you and be part of such a fun family for a few days. Hugs
Love these stories! Haha...they crack me up :)
jill, I'm going to see if I can post again. It hasn't let me in the past.
Hey, it did! Yeh! Did you cut Erick's hair again? I really do like it longer - what is with that? I always wanted my kids hair short too? But I like it long on my grandkids??? I can just see Cami. What a girl. It's a good thing the other kids love her so much. You watch - Ben will go to Alaska or Canada on his mission. Poor Emma, spells like her grandma!! Love you guys! Enjoy the moment!! It goes so fast!
I loved all the stories. I can just see Millie directing everyone. Hilarious!
I've been realizing lately too, that in 4 years all of our kids will be in school too. Life will definately change. Crazy!
Sounds like being a Mom is keeping you busy! You just have to love the cute things our kids say and do.
Congratulations Erick on your first day of preschool! That is so great you have a co-op. Loved the stories about Emma, Ben, and Cami. I want to hang out in Emma's new room.
Post a Comment