We later read online about wild rabbits in North Texas and learned that the mother scavenges during the day and then comes back to nurse her babies. We also read that we should not have picked the rabbits up, but I am so glad we did, they were so cute and the kids loved it. Anyways, we have been good about not picking them up again, but we go and look at the hole and noticed that the babies have now opened their eyes, so they will probably soon be ready to go out into the world! Good luck little bunnies! What a fun little easter surprise! Here are the pictures.








10 comments:
Oh my heavens! They are so cute and tiny! We would have picked them up too!
How fun! What a cool thing to find a little bit of wild nature in your own backyard! I just love baby animals and I'm glad you got pictures of them.
When they start hopping around the yard Don will really have to be careful when he mows the lawn. That will be fun! Such cute pictures. Thanks
When we lived in Pampa, TX (by Amarillo), I did the same thing.. . . only there was a casulty of one bunny. ooops. I felt horrible. The rest survived, but the momma bunny moved them the next day, so we didn't get to watch them grow. HOW FUN though. I love baby bunnies. . . :)
oh, I want to hold one too! What a miracle Don didn't hurt any of them.
I think this is such a fun post after the title of your last one! What fun to find them in nature and show your kids!
How cute!!!
Seriously so cute. I wouldn't have dared to pick them up. What a great mom you are.
How cute! That reminds me of our house in Dallas. We always had bunny nests too and loved them. I never dared pick them up though. Makes for super cute pictures!
Ah, that is so sweet. It is the perfect Easter treat.
Post a Comment