So, yesterday we went to the park in the afternoon and had a good time until I was pushing Erick on the swing, and he let go and fell off. He cried and I picked him up and comforted him and soothed him like any good mom would. He sat on the park bench with me for quite some time until he felt like braving the world again. In my "water bag" that I always bring to the park cause my kids get so thirsty, I for some reason, had one of those magic doodle pads. So Erick asked me to draw him falling off the swing and then erase it and then asked me to draw me holding him and comforting him. I did and then he asked me to draw those things again and again and again. I humored him. He went back to play.
The next morning, he was talking about how he fell and I said "yes, Erick and then I picked you up and held you until you felt all better." He said "yes Mom, you are my best friend." Pretty cute coming from a three yr. old. I don't say this to make myself look good and loved, but I (and Don would tell you this too), I am the apple of Erick's eye. He literally lights up when I walk into the room. Sometimes, I will be sitting and just doing whatever, and he will pass by me and say "mom, I love you" and go on with whatever he was doing. Other times, I will be sitting on the opposite end of the room, and I will look up and see him watching me and smiling with a little twinkle in his eye. I hope he will treat his wife this good whenever he is married. He really is my buddy right now and I have been enjoying him this school year while he is my oldest at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
What a sweetie! That is the cutest story.
ahh! How sweet, little boys can be so sweet to their moms.
Love it!
Isn't it nice to have them adore you? I know someday it will end but my little 3-year-old man thinks Mommy is "the very bestest" and I'll take it as long as I can get it :)
What lovely sweetness! My Isaac (who just recently turned 4) just randomly comes up to me and gives me kisses. I love it. He hates GETTING kisses but loves getting them. Love your blog Jill! and Don
Very sweet. I can just see you melting at those little dimples on a daily basis!
Post a Comment