Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Playdate on Steroids

So this happened a few months ago and I know it is a very fuzzy picture but I think it is so funny. Erick just loves his friend Carter and loves to have him over for playdates. Well, both of these boys for some reason suffer with a type of asthmatic cough every few months. They don't really get "sick", but they just get this terrible cough. Anyway. . .

Wendy (Carter's mom) knew that I had been giving Erick breathing treatments and so when she dropped Carter off to play, she asked if I was planning on giving a breathing treatment anytime soon since she hadn't had time to give one to Carter. So, for the playdate, the two boys sat on the couch, watched Dora and breathed in those fresh lung opening steroids. Now, that is a fun activity don't you think? I know this is a terrible picture, but here they are sitting on the couch with their breathing masks on. I don't know it struck me as funny for some reason.



Now, something else I have been meaning to post is this picture. . .



This is what I come home to about 9 times out of 10 when I leave Don with the kids and go somewhere. He LOVES legos and blocks and of course making towers. He also loves airplanes and starwars and often times I will walk into a room and find him on the floor (not even with the kids), just by himself, playing with planes and making the noises and everything! He is a kid at heart and I love him!

11 comments:

Shelly Kenison said...

that really is pretty cool. Our towers always fall over what a great architect.

Don said...

Thanks for sharing one of my deepest secrets with the whole world Sweety! :-)

Jack and Charlene said...

We LOVE reading about Don's secrets. You just can't the BOY out of the Man!! That is what makes him such a GREAT Dad !!!

Kimber said...

The "breathing treatment" playdate is rather comical. I'm assuming when they were done they jumped off the couch and were boys as usual. Thank goodness for modern medicine!

Robyn said...

Love the breathing treatments! How funny.

I love dads. They are so playful and fun. A nice change from us cranky moms! :)

Vanessa said...

Love the Lego tower!

Erickson Fam said...

What a fun playdate - ha! It's nice to have friends with the same 'problems'.
Love the tower!

Bob said...

Don,

Are you the new Art Vandelay of Lewisville?

Great posts, Jill!

Jut and Char said...

holy smokes! I've never got a tower past my belly.

Jut

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, funny boys! And, nice tower. My husband would have loved to be there for that. He's always trying to get us to have competitions to see who can build the highest tower (with various materials)! Drop me a line sometime:http://www.thefluckigerfamily.blogspot.com/

Mindy said...

Two little asthmatic peas in a pod, aren't they? So cute. Didn't you find it strange when Don always "knew" what toys "the boys" wanted for Christmas or birthdays? Hah! I think it's awesome to be a kid at heart and I am jealous of the super tall lego tower. Nice.