On Monday I saw a black cat lurking in the underbrush where these sparrows were feeding. Further down the trail were snails as big as my fist. At first I thought they were just old seashells, but then I saw their slimy heads. I don't think I would have wanted to step on one!After our jog, we got our swimsuits on and sat by the pool. We enjoyed the golden sun of the Pacific and read our books and occasionally dipped in the cool water. The constant crash of the waves lulled us to sleep once in a while and then wake us a few minutes later. Kids played on the manicured grass and the palm trees swayed in the breeze. I've been often mentally pinching myself to be sure that I'm not dreaming. Paradise is wonderful!
Later in the afternoon we decided to go snorkeling. We walked to the activity center and were about to rent the equipment, but didn't want to pay the "convenience fees." So we decided to just stroll along the beach. Later we would be in Lahaina Town and could rent the gear for half the price of the activity center.
After our stroll, we showered and went to Lahaina. We first got our snorkeling gear and then went downtown. It took a bit to find a parking spot, but we finally just parked in a nearby neighborhood and walked to the town. The town has lots of little shops and restaurants and sits right on the beach. We ate at Cheeseburger in Paradise. We had a table right over the beach and watched the boats in the harbor while we ate. Large cruise ships dock daily at Lahaina to allow their passengers to visit the quaint town. The burgers at CIP were average ... about the same of a Costco patty at a family BBQ. What makes them a little special is the sauce or pineapple or mushrooms (also from Costco I imagine). I ate a teriyaki burger (the sauce with pineapple and cheese). Jill ate a mushroom and Swiss cheese burger. The onion rings, however, were really delicious. I could have ate two helpings of those.
After dinner, we walked the town. We stopped at a few shops and bought some items. We also saw this local who sits on the sidewalk and makes those tiki masks and such. Some of his work was pretty neat.
We stopped in a few art shops. We talked to this gentleman who owned one of these shops. He mentioned he was a retired CFO of two Fortune 500 companies and got bored at home, so he started an art shop. Now he sells paintings and sculptures from artists all around the world. The one painting Jill liked only cost $3,000 unframed.
The last event of the day was the Warren and Anabelle's Magic Club. We walked through the front door (which overlooked the harbor) and then walked up some stairs. They checked us in and gave us a key and took us to this small room and then shut the door. Anabelle (an invisible ghost) then told us what to do ... she gave us a little riddle and then we made it through another door (with a help of the key). We sat down and ate some dessert and then Anabelle began playing the piano. The pre-show was entertaining, but I think you have to have a few drinks to really enjoy it.
After the pre-show, we went to the theater where Warren amazed us with his magic. He hails from South Carolina and still has his accent. His humor was very funny and his wit was lightning quick. I was laughing pretty much the whole time. His magic was very good (like I'm a magician critic). Some of his tricks were mind-boggling. I can imagine how he did most of his tricks, but there is one that I just don't get. The whole show lasted over three hours ... maybe four ... I lost track of time. But it was very entertaining. His shows are sold out one week in advance, so if you want to attend his show, I suggest you make reservations a week before you come to Maui.
Thus ended our Wednesday in Maui.


No comments:
Post a Comment