Monday was a lazy day for us. We slept in late (6am) and did whatever the heck we wanted to do. The first item on my agenda was to go run along the beach. I noticed Sunday morning that hardly anyone is up at that hour. So I went downstairs, streatched by the ocean on the perfectly manicured grass with Plumeria tress above me and palm trees swaying in the breeze. The mountains were shrouded in mist and the ocean's rhythmic beat played on. After my streatches, I started to jog. The beach has a sidewalk that runs for quite a bit. The sidwalk begins at the Hyatt, then passes where we're staying (the Marriott), then passes the Westin and then the rest of the local resorts. The path is never further than 15 feet from the crashing waves. The day is overcast and by mile 2 in my jog, it was drizzling. Thirty-three minutes later and I was done with my run.
Jill met me down by the lawnchairs and we sat and watched the ocean. We saw three stingrays about 20 feet out in the ocean. They swam closer to the shore and pretty soon they were in the very shallow water. I snapped a few shots (I forgot my usb cable, so I can't upload pictures right now).
After relaxing on the beach, we went to breakfast at The Gazebo. The Gazebo is about a 15 minute drive from our place. When we got there, it was raining lightly. We stood in line for about 20 minutes. While we waited, we chatted with this family from California. The Gazebo only seats 15 tables at a time (it's very small) but the breakfast is so delicious and affordable, there is always a line. I ate the white chocolate macadamia nut pancakes and Jill had the country eggs benedict. Both were heavenly. It would be the only meal we ate that day (and for a very affordable price).
After breakfast, we walked down to the beach and sat on some rocks and watched the waves. It was raining a bit as we watched the waves crash against the rocks. After watching the ocean in the rain, we got a bit cold, so we drove back to our room and got our swim suits on and went to the hot tub.
When we finished warming up, we sat by the pool and read our books. We ended up sitting by the pool and reading books the rest of the day. It was very relaxing. When the afternoon came to an end, we cleaned up and attended a party. Then we walked along the beach and watched a gorgeous sunset. It was orange, then pink and then deep orange and the ocean was silver. It was really amazing! We walked along the beach and then found a nice spot to enjoy the view. It was a perfect ending to the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment