Today was a hectic Sunday as most Sundays are for us. We have the 1:30 time slot for church. It gets over at 4:30 and we get home usually by 5:00. This weekend, Don is working the night shift, so he had to leave for work as soon as we got home, so you can imagine the chaos that was going on when we arrived home from church, with tired and hungry children, a Dad who had to leave and me trying to get hands washed (don't forget, I am a germaphobe!) and kids fed. In the midst of all this we managed to have a blessing on the food with the whole family together. After the prayer, for some reason, both Don and I looked over at Camille in her high chair. She had her arms folded! Don and I both looked at each other and said "Did you see that?"
It was her first time to fold her arms during a prayer and neither of us have really ever prompted her to do it, she just did it! It made my entire day! What a cute girl. I will try to get a picture posted soon of her folding her arms. After she did it, we all clapped for her and gave her hugs and did a big tadoo, so she will probably expect that each time too!
Also, today was the kids' primary program. As I mentioned before, Don is working the night shift this weekend and so all morning he slept and I tried to keep the little hellians as quiet as possible (which is not very possible at all.) Anyway, by the time we got to church I was exhausted as you can imagine and sorry to say, kind of sick of the kids at the moment.
BUT, nothing can melt your heart quicker than your child singing beautiful primary songs and looking so angelic! Emma's class sang a group solo of "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus" and it was so beautiful and I really know that Emma tries hard to be like Jesus. Both kids did great on their speaking parts and spoke slowly and loudly like we kept telling them too. It was a really nice program and it just gets me all choked up every year. I am so grateful for my kiddos and love them very much. I am proud of the choices they are making and the way they are turning out. So far so good -- mind you, my oldest is only 7! Yikes!
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
THANKS Jill, for the beautiful update. You write such great Blogs. We wiped tears as we read each of your choice words. Our hearts are "full" for you. What a wonderful Sabbath Day. HUGS to each "cutie".
good job to your kids for doing well in the Primary program! :) Ryan and I teach the sunbeams...since I was flying back on Sunday, I didn't get to be at the program. Ryan was in charge of all of the Sunbeams (by himself!) and I guess one of them tried to escape by jumping over the edge of the stand...good thing a guy in the front row caught him in time...haha :)
Jill,
You're such a great mom. I love those moments too. A quick tip (I'm not sure if you always have dinner ready right when you get home since church is late for you, but) since I'm alone most of Sunday as well, I have started to buy lunchables or a fun kids frozen dinner so that when I get home with starving kids, I don't have to figure out what to make, and they don't have to wait for food. Plus, they really look forward to Sundays now because that's the only day of the week they get a special lunch. Sorry for the long post. love ya.
Wow, I don't have four kids but I hear you about Sundays being one of the most hectic days. Yeah for Emma and Ben doing such wonderful jobs in the Primary program. As for Cami, maybe she could teach a thing or two to Kaela who likes to do any and everything but sit still and fold her arms during a prayer. What a little angel Cami is.
Post a Comment