Friday, October 26, 2007

The Fives by Don

I just read my sister's "Fives" and thought I'd post my "Fives." Jill can post her's if she ever gets a moment. (I'm working night shift right now and have lots of down time for this!)

5 things I was doing 10 years ago
1. Still trying to adjust to post-mission life at BYU.
2. Teaching my first district at the MTC.
3. Buying the Civic.
4. Going to BYU football games.
5. Trying to get a date.

5 things on my to-do list today
1. Go running (check ... 7 miles in 59 minutes)
2. Work on chess tactics (check ... did over 100)
3. Get a haircut (check ... looks good)
4. Do whatever Jill has on her list for me to do (I think I did them all)
5. Go to work

5 snacks I enjoy
1. Almond Joy
2. Doritos
3. Peanut butter and grape jelly in a rolled warm flour torilla with Ovaltine milk
4. Jill's cookies
5. Vanilla yogurt with frozen blueberries (sometimes with Honey Bunches of Oats)

5 songs I know the lyrics to
1. Stickshifts and Safety Belts by Cake (or any Cake song)
2. Never Tear Us Apart by INXS
3. Iron Man by Black Sabbath
4. Hazy Shade of Winter by The Bangles
5. All of the theme-songs Jill's made for and of each of our kids

5 of my bad habits
1. Staying up too late
2. Procastination on some things ... usually not wanting to spend money on something
3. I can eat a half gallon of Dreyer's ice cream in one day
4. The same goes for a bag of Doritos (except I can polish off a bag in the 1st half of a football game)
5. Sleeping in

5 things I'd do if I were a millioinaire
1. Pay off the house and all debt
2. Complete college accounts for kids
3. Buy an HD TV
4. Let Jill spend some money
5. Buy some new clothes for myself

5 things I will never wear again
1. A gold (or any) necklace or bracelet
2. Football gear
3. A pinky ring
4. A pink shirt with grey pants and matching tie
5. A tank top

5 of my favorite toys
1. My computer with all the software and games I love
2. They aren't mine ... but I really love Ben's Star Wars toy ships
3. Mega Block Legos
4. The play train set
5. Toy airplanes (WW2)

2 comments:

Jack and Charlene said...

AMAZING LIST Don ..... We don't know ANY of your 5 Songs!!
You would look soooooooo good in a pink shirt, grey slacks & matching tie!!! Thanks .. we enjoyed reading the list.

Ben N Nessa said...

Don! I'm glad you won't wear a pinky ring or necklace again! :) haha!