Tuesday morning after I finished the night shift, I went to the gym to play basketball. It was a great morning of ball. Unfortunatly, on the last play, I tried to steal a pass and my right pinky finger took the full force of the ball. It was not a normal jammed finger.
Long story short ... the finger doctor says it's a pilon fracture. She compared the injury to a pharmacist crushing medication. She also said my finger is like a "bag of sand" and she's afraid of opening the finger during surgery.
The bottom line is I'll have two pins (external fixators) inserted to the finger to create tension so the joint and finger can heal as best as possible. The finger will be out of commision six weeks. The two pins will be on the outside of the finger.
November 4 @ 10:45am is when the out-patient surgery will take place.
Say a prayer for my right pinky :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
OUCH! At least you'll have a bionic pinkie :)
Good luck! I hope recovery is speedy! :) We WILL pray for your pinky!
Yikes!! I hope it heals quickly and that your pinky returns to its normal mobility. May the force be with you.
Oh my, Don! We will be thinking of you. I vote the pinky heals...It's about the only thing that I will want to be thinking of on Tuesday...
that is so horrible I hope all goes well with the surgery. No one should have to live a life with out a pinky!
Post a Comment