Also, the HEAT of August. Luckily, this is a big blessing, the last few days have been beautiful! We are being blessed with 90 degree temps and that is saying a whole lot for Texas in August. These temps should stay for the next week, it is a miracle from above I tell you, and just in time too because my parents come on Tuesday to visit and be here for Emma's baptism!
Yes, I said Emma's baptism, it is almost here, the day we have been waiting for! We have had quite a celebration for Emma's 8th birthday. We bought a desk for Emma which was a total surprise. We had her go to her friend's home (thanks Mary!)and play all day while Don and I moved the desk in and all the other accessories that I had prepared. My good friend (thanks Marie) helped me make pillows and a new lampshade to go along with the beautiful new room. We could not do the transfmation on her actual birthday because Don had to work that day, so we did it a few days before. Here are some pics. . .
The pillows

The new lamp shade

The new desk


Ben came with me to pick Emma up and I was very proud of him because he did not ruin the surprise. In fact, all day, he helped Don and I with the room and was very excited for Emma and her new things, not jealous or upset that he wasn't getting these new and fun things. That is a good brother. Of course, he hopes that for his 8th birthday he will get a "new room". When we arrived home, we took Emma to her room and she literally lit up with excitement! She loved every bit of it! It was so fun for Don and I to do this for her. We enjoyed it just as much as she did.
That same night, we went boating with some friends on the lake. We had so much fun and Emma said "this has been the best day of my life!"
On her actual birthday, we had a fun day too. For breakfast we had all of Emma's special requests. . .
Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal with Fruit loop cereal straws. Very healthy!

On the way home from the gym, we stopped off at Kentucky Fried Chicken (old man chicken as the kids call it) and got Emma's favorite lunch. It was finger lickin' good!

After Cami's nap, we headed to our wonderful neighbors' home (thanks Ali!) to swim and have Emma's favorite mini cheesecakes.


Then, the next day (it was really a week worth of birthday celebration) we had Emma's party at Lifetime Fitness (remember, I work there and so I got a great deal!). It had rained that morning and we were afriad we wouldn't be able to swim outside, but it cleared up and got nice and sunny and we had so much fun! We practically had the whole place to ourselves and everyone had a great time.


So, now to top it all off, my parents and sister are coming into town and Emma will be baptized this Saturday the 23rd. We invite all who would like to please come and rejoice with us for Emma. We love you Emma and are happy about the decisions you are making. Happy 8th!


11 comments:
Good job on your pillows and lamp shade!
The new room looks great! What a fun birthday! (BTW: Jane worked at "Old Man Chicken's" in high school). Happy Birthday Emma!
Happy Birthday Emma! Your new room is cute! We will be thinking of you on your baptism day! Congratulations!
Happy #8, Miss Emma!!! We are happy you are following Jesus' example by being baptized. We will be thinking of you on Saturday.
Love,
Uncle Bob & Aunt Mel
WOW! I can't believe she is 8 already! Her room looks so cute. Is her head board from your old queen bed? If so, how did you paint it?
Wow!! What a great birthday week!! And I can't believe she is getting baptized. How time has flown! I'm sure she'll always remember this birthday. You guys really worked hard to make it special.
Congrats Emma! We are so excited for you. Hope you have a great day!
p.s. The room looks fab!
Happy Birthday, Emma! Hey Miss Jill! I've been thinking about you this month. I knew Emma would be getting baptized. What a huge day when your oldest baby gets baptized! I saw that she'll be getting baptized the same day as Coa! How fun! Y'all enjoy your special day. We'll be thinking of you.
Love,
Paula
What a fun birthday. Her room looks great. Enjoy the last couple of days of summer.
What a beautiful room! I wish we could be there to help celebrate with you tomorrow, but we will be thinking about you guys! I finally started our families blog you should check it out when you have a minute...
3girlsrule.blogspot.com
Sarah and Georgia Vallery family
I like the room surprise! Congrats, Emma, exciting times!
Post a Comment