A Little History
Back in June 2004, we were holding a garage sale one Saturday morning. While we were sitting outside, we found this little puppy come wandering in our yard. He was so cute. We kept him and fed him for a few hours. We put up a sign and eventually the owner came and claimed him. But the damage was done.
Emma really wanted a puppy and Jill and I grew very attached to the puppy in the short time we had him. The owner said that our neighbors still had two puppies left to sell. We met our neighbors and they let us take the two puppies to decide which one we wanted. We liked the "runt" of the mix. He was very mild and laid back. His sister was very hyper and so cute. Jill really liked the boy, but I preferred the hyper one.
We decided on the little boy and named him Fritz.
Fritz Freaks Out
I was trying to sleep one morning when I heard Fritz going nuts. I got up to see what was going on. Jill said there was a puppy on the doorstep. He was a little furball wandering our neighborhood and heard Fritz barking at him. So the pup decided to come to our house.
We brought him in, gave him some food and water and he and Fritz played like old pals. We were a little guarded knowing full well what happened the last time we brought in a pup. Since I was going to work the night shift that night, Jill didn't want to deal with him at all. We immediately put up a sign hoping someone would come by in the morning. No one came. So we called the city animal control unit at lunchtime.
He came by, retrieved the pup and drove off. He was yelping in the kennel truck while I signed the papers. Poor little guy.
At first we thought he was a pug until we googled it and decided he was no pug. He looked kind of like my cousin Shon's dog, but I couldn't remember what kind of dog she was. I emailed Shon and then googled "fluffy dog" Eventually I found a picture of a chow. To me he looked chow. The animal control guy didn't think he was chow though. He said he looked like a lab. Whatever he was, he was sure cut and cuddly.
Later that evening, some kids came looking for him and our neighbor's told the kids that their pup was in the city kennel and they had 5 days to retrieve him. So at least the little pup got back home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
So glad to hear that the dog was found by the right family. Dogs deserve to treated kindly too.
Haha. No one ever comes to claim the animals we've found. And we even have a baby turtle that Jeff and the girls are "fostering" in the front garden! Love to hear of your family's adventures, though- you are all so cute and fun and such a good example of what we should all strive to be! Thanks for sharing.
My heart was racing the whole time wondering if you took in another dog. I'm glad that the owners found him! Sure is a cutie.
Good thing that dog didn't land on Mel or Liz's porch...It would never have made it to the pound and Bob and Nate would be in the doghouse...we'll maybe not Nate...He would probably be cool with it.
Aww...so cute...I would've felt very tempted to keep it!
Post a Comment