
Gotta love him right? You also gotta watch him every second or else this is what happens....
As I was finishing up yoga in the living room, Erick had gone somewhere and gotten real quiet. I thought to myself that I should go check on him, but no, I am in the middle of the tree pose and must finish. So, when I finished, I went to check in the kitchen to find frosting smeared all over the wood floor, on the counters and in Erick's hair and all over his hands. There were frosting footprints! It was really fun to spend the next 30 minutes cleaning that up before the kids got home from school. Thanks buddy!
This week Don worked the night shift and so it was me all alone coming home from our soccer party and getting all four fed and bathed and scriptures read and teeth brush (oh, am I complaining?) sorry! Anyways, Cami was so tired after her bath and Erick was taking a shower and so I thought I'd quickly go and lay Cami down while Erick finished up. When I came back it sure smelled nice in the room, kind of like my brand new bottle of coconut lime verbena that I had gotten for my birthday! Sure enough, the entire bottle (which was full) was gone forever down the drain. Just minutes after that we were in the bathroom brushing teeth. Can you guess what happens next?
Emma needed something so I left Erick for just a minute to finish his teeth up and when I returned, half the bottle of toothpaste was all over the floor and counter. It was just a little much for one day!
Erick has also been known to roll the entire roll of toilet paper onto the floor rendering it useless, I am sure none of your kids has ever done that?
We love this guy but he is a handful.
Erick also loves to watch "Wow Wow Wubzy", from 1:00 to 2:00 pm. This is a blissful hour in our home because Erick sits the entire time and is totally enthralled, a very much needed daily break that goes by WAY too fast.
Emma has been amazing me lately with her art abilities! I will have to take some pics of her work. I need to get her in an art class and let her continue to develop this talent that she feels so successful at. She is a sweet girl. Her goal is to read the Book of Mormon before her baptism date on August 23rd. We are on page 107 and so we have a ways to go, but she just started about 3 weeks ago so we are doing pretty good. This goal was Don's suggestion, I thought he was crazy, we are busy enough and can barely get in a couple verses a day let alone 5 pages! But, it really has made a difference in our home and I hope it will make a difference in Emma's little life.
Benjamin of course has lost 2 teeth and he tells everyone (strangers) about it. He is pretty proud of it. He continues to look more like Don everyday! Everyone comments about this fact! Ben comes in my bed every morning and hugs and cuddles with me (I have learned to like this, I normally don't like being touched or bothered in the morning). He sleeps without a shirt or somehow his shirt always comes off in the night, so in the morning I get to rub his nice and smooth bare back. I told him he better enjoy having a smooth back now because if he takes after his dad which apparently he does since he is pretty much his clone, it won't be smooth for long. (sorry Don!)
Now for Miss Camille. She pretty much rules the roost around here. Whatever she says or screams goes. Everyone just loves her and she is spoiled to death, altho Erick doesn't give her her way, he fights for his rightful spot in the family. Cami worships the ground the kids walk on and wants to be just like them. She is so cute. She has a full blown mullet going on right now and it is getting longer, but only the back! I can't do a thing about it. Ah well, her cute personality makes up for the lack of hair. She is a doll and we love her.
I don't have many new pics to post, but I will soon, so stay tuned!


6 comments:
What a day, I may have lost it.
Oh, and just roll that toilet paper back up on that roll, the kids don't care! Just leave it in their bathroom to use. Hehe
Have you ever heard of duct tape? Brandon swore that everytime I left him to tend Tanner when Tan was little he was going to just duct tape the kid to the toilet. The messes are funny to hear about from others but not so funny to clean up. Keep up the good work!
Ooohhhh !!! We have read & re-read and laughed every time. Somehow we just knew that look in Erick's eye from the beginning. He is ALLL BOY !! Thanks Jill ...
We Love You !!
So glad my boy isn't the only one who can "use" toiletries faster than I can buy them! And I have to admit, I'd probably have fun with the frosting too! :) You should scan and post some of Em's artwork so we can all see it!
The cats like to unroll and shred the TP in our house... usually as the kids are splashing water out of the bath tub. Some days are just like that I guess. I just posted pix of Delaney's eyebrow art- I had a day like you did. Emma is such a fun, intelligent kid.
hang in there lady : )
i salute you!
Post a Comment