Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Finally Found!

I searched for this soundtrack for a long, long time and then finally gave up. Today, I resumed the search and found it at Amazon. Apparently only 3000 copies were made of this CD set. There was another release that only had "Where Eagles Dare" but it was a little more expensive at Amazon. The soundtrack should be here in 3-5 business days!


I also just downloaded the movie last night which is sharp and clear unlike the VHS version I already owned.


I know Mom and Dad and maybe Richard will get a kick out of this post.

The story behind it all is that this movie used to be on TBS (before it turned to a comedy show channel) every month (it seemed like) during the fall and winter. I'd sit down and watch it every time. One time Richard and his family were in town and we watched it. He just made fun of it the whole time ... usually about the impossible stunts. He was right ... some parts are really unbelievable, but I still love the flick. If you've not seen this show, go rent it.

On a side note, I just watched "3:10 to Yuma" ... the one that was released last year. What a great Western movie! I've not seen the 1957 version, but from reading up on the two versions, 2007's version has a few different twists to it. I'd like to watch the original now after seeing last year's take.

4 comments:

Jack and Charlene said...

Don, You just make us laugh & laugh as we remember the "good old days in Ontario" with you. We are happy you found your music track and have downloaded a better version of the "old" movie.
You are OUR EAGLE that dares !!!!

Bob said...

Don,

Thanks for the new 3:10 review...I've debated whether to watch it...I haven't see the old version either.

Mindy said...

Sounds bizarre Don, but funny. I can imagine Skip just eating this movie up while he's reclined in his comfy green chair munching on cheetos. You must tell him about this!

Richard said...

My family does not like watching movies with me because I ruin the believability factor for them as well. I am sorry that I have tainted WED for you. There are not many action drama movies that I really like and that I buy into because so many have flaws that disengage me from their reality.