This morning, we had some time to kill before having to be somewhere and I asked Erick to please pick a book he wanted me to read to him and Camille. He came back with "I'll Love you Forever". For those of you who are familiar with this book, you know that it is a tear jerker. Not, I don't consider myself an overly emotional female, I don't often cry in movies, but for some reason, this book gets me everytime.
So, I began reading and told myself to just be calm and that it wouldn't happen this time. I thought I was doing pretty good, but then it got to the end when the boy picks up his aged mother and rocks her in the rocking chair and sings her the song she always sang to him "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." Of course, the boy changes the last part to "as long as I'm living, my mother you'll be." I lost it and the tears came! I really didn't think they would, but I am telling you, this is quite a book, and it happens everytime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
:) I'm not sure if I've seen this book, but I've heard of it. It sounds like it's one that must be added to the collection!
I don't cry but my mom does...
Jut
Just the words you quoted teared me up. Thank you for sharing.
You all' have a HAPPY EASTER Weekend. (sorry, I had a 35 minute phone visit ... helping a lady from Texas ... she
ya all'(ed) me to death !!)
Jill, i am glad you stayed CALM...at least through most of it. I won't read that book cuz I end up getting teary too.
Happy Easter.
Tender moments! How sweet is the Erick.
That books gets me every time too!
Too funny! My mom use to always read that book to my little brother. She, on the other hand, is an emotional basketcase.
Post a Comment